Tuesday, January 10, 2012

01 10 Ipoh Cameron and then Ipoh Again

Leave Betong at 7 a.m in the morning, it was raining.




Yesterday's ride was Baling & P. Hulu. Today is the actual Gerik Ride.



It was said that if you have not rode the Gerik Highway, you 'haven't ride' in Malaysia.




I set off Betong at 7 a.m and rode thru 100 km of fantastic scenery in Gerik.
I had my lunch in Kuala kangsar and reached Ipoh at 12 noon.

I then ride across Ipoh city centre to find the place not very interesting so I head for Cameron HL.

As I ascend through the twisty road up, the temperature drop by 2 deg every 10 mins for the next 1 plus hours.  At 50 km uphill Gua Musang, I reckoned the temperature had dropped to 15 degrees.
'Reckoned' - mine is not a BMW so there is no temperature gauge on my panel but I was shivering in the rain amid the the strong mountainous wind blowing at me and misty  fog surrounding me.

To make it worse, it was really misty and it is drizzling.  真的是寒风刺骨 。  Well when I was in secondary school, I used this word 寒风刺骨  in my composition to describe one of my outing in Singapore and my chinese teacher say that in Spore you should not use this word while you are in Spore, now I can use it so I typed it in chinese.




At a point just 20 km from Kg Raya - the first town.  I was shivering even when I was wearing a t shirt, a sweater and a thin blue jacket. - 3 layers of clothes.

I guess I do not have the warm clothing to ride in these 'temperate' climate.  At that point I guessed I wasn't prepared to ride to cameron in dec climate.

I U-turn and headed downhill.  At foot of the mountain, I saw a large group of cows so I took some pictures.





As it was already 4 p.m. when I reached the cross road at the mountain foot, I decided to go back to Ipoh instead of going KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment